Corporate Finance expertise and experience gain in both practice & industry
Frank Coombes is Corporate Finance Specialist with over 25 years experience gained while working in both industry and practice. Frank has a track record in advising and assisting clients in a variety of sectors including waste, renewable energy, cleantech, food, manufacturing, technology and health care sectors.
Frank formed Coombes Corporate Finance Ltd (“CCF”) in 2006 to specialise in providing corporate finance advice and support to the privately owned and owner managed businesses in Ireland. Its focus is to provide advice and support to the owner manager from foundation, through growth through organic growth and acquisitions, and finally to exit.
Over the last 12 years CCF have completed significant projects in various industry sectors and this has given us significant exposure, experience and expertise, both in Ireland and the UK. As a result of these projects, we have built up a significant knowledge and contact based within a number of sectors, both in Ireland and the UK. This can be of significant benefit to any client.
how can i help?
Need advice on Human Resources?
Contact our associate company – Coombes HRM. Coombes HRM, a leading Human Resource Management and Development Consultancy helps companies to achieve explicit business and people goals through the design, planning and implementation of smart practices.
Coombes HRM delivers effective, developmental and commercial results to our customers and partners through our consulting, mentoring, coaching and training products & services.
Frank Coombes FCA, is a qualified Chartered Accountant with vast experience in Corporate Finance in Ireland and the UK, obtained in both industry and practice. Frank qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1994 while working with Arthur Andersen. Frank then worked in senior roles within various industries including:
- Executive Finance Manager in the Financial Services industry
- The Telecoms industry – Financial Controller in a start up company that floated on the AIM
- The Construction industry – Senior Accountant for the second largest operator in Ireland
In 2000, Frank moved with his family to Cork, where he joined a Big Four Accountancy Firm to build a Corporate Finance practice out of Cork. As Director of Corporate Finance, Frank built a very strong corporate finance practice of 8 full time executives and substantial fees.
Frank Coombes , B Comm, FCA
In 2005/06 Frank worked in industry for an Irish operator who had just acquired a substantial UK environmental company. The role included bedding down the acquisition, implementing performance measurements, developing 5 year plan and looking at various investments and acquisition.
In August 2006, Frank set up his own corporate finance practice, Coombes Corporate Finance, to leverage off the vast expertise, experience and contacts developed over his 25 years experience.
- Worked with a leading Irish food company in its acquisitions in Europe.
- Led the €25m acquisition of a Support services Company.
- Led the refinancing and raising acquisition finance for a leading Nursing Home Group
- Led the sale of a leading Nursing Home Group
- Worked on business plan and strategy with a leading Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company.
- Worked on acquisitions with one of the largest independent importers and distributors of fine wines and spirits in the Irish drinks market.
- Worked with a large independent specialist service group in developing a strategy for a sector of its business.
- Led a major acquisition of a Scottish waste management company with significant interest throughout the UK – value in excess of STG£60m
- Led the disposal of medium sized Recycling Company for €17m.
- Led the development of Business Plans and Financing Strategies for many environmental companies at various stages of development from start-up to growth.
- Led the disposal of the business and assets of waste collection company for an undisclosed sum.
- Lead advisor for a composting company in their development, including strategic advise, business plan & financial projections and fundraising
- Lead advisor for an Irish Industrial company in their acquisition of UK water company.
- Advising on the commercialisation of a sludge treatment technology.
- Worked on significant projects for a Scottish Waste Company including completing 2 acquisitions in Scotland; accessing numerous other opportunities on behalf of the Group and reviewed the profitability of various divisions within the Group and recommended improvements
- Led the identification and investment of a Joint Venture partner in a hazardous waste company.
- Identified, targeted, negotiated and completed the acquisition of a UK Remediation company
- Sold a number of other waste management operations and companies in Ireland
- Prepared market reviews and evaluations for a new waste technology in Ireland
- Worked on fundraising for new Wind Farms
- Conducted several market research projects in the environmental sector.
- Worked with early stage Bio Energy investment company seeking to develop operations in UK & Ireland, including developing Business Plan & Detailed Financial Projections and raising Debt & Equity finance
- Prepared Business Plan & Detailed Financial Projections for a new integrated waste facility including an MBT Plant, composting plant and Residual Landfill
- Raised Funds for a new Wind Farm Group
- Working on a consolidation strategy for a London waste and renewable energy play
- Led the development of Business Plans and Financing Strategies for companies in various industries and at various stages of their development from start-up to growth.
Would you like an initial free confidential consultation with no strings attached?